SRPS July 2021 Outing
San Francisco by Ferry
Where Sonoma Coast
Dates Visit: Saturday, July 10th
Upload: Tuesday, July 13th
Zoom: Friday, July 16th at 5 pm
Description The Larkspur ferry will allow participants to leave around 9:20 and arrive at the Ferry Building by about 10. For those who are challenged by seasickness and decide to drive, there are many parking garages nearby to the Ferry Building.
Upon arrival, it is suggested that everyone meet in front of the main Golden Gate Transit Building in the rear of the ferry building. From there, we can break into small groups and go off to explore the area.
It is truly a target rich environment:
– meander the ferry building shooting the wares
– sit across the street from the building and capture some of the local fauna moving by
– walk the street and absorb the architecture
– try shooting shadows or movement
– or, when you step to the ferry rail, and shoot the city from the water
– and on and on
Around 1:00, we will all meet for lunch. Depending on the number, we can either go the fast-food route or sit down in a casual restaurant. The return ferries run sporadically in the afternoon so plan your own trip home; you may want to stay longer.