URGENT: PLEASE HELP SOLVE OUR ZOOM JOIN/RE-JOIN PROBLEM

Home Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION URGENT: PLEASE HELP SOLVE OUR ZOOM JOIN/RE-JOIN PROBLEM

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steve Muench
      #3098 Quote
      llstuber345
      Participant

Wow, what a major pain!!  Thanks for working on this.  I haven’t had any problems recently but will try the screen shot and be sure to have the latest zoom!

Lynda

#3100 Quote
        Steve Ruddy
        Keymaster

Simple solution provide the membership with the zoom meeting number so if the link breaks or expires we have a backup method to join.

#3105 Quote
          Bill Theis
          Participant

will do.  I was one who could not get in. I was 45 minutes or so late trying to get in.  I was using Win10 computer, zoom version 5.9.7 (3931).

Edition Windows 10 Pro
            Version 21H2
            OS build 19044.1706

is zoom recorded and available for replay?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Bill Theis.
            • This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Bill Theis.
            #3112 Quote
            Steve Muench

It is under the “About” menu on the club website:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCDWatLNBxwveGcHNhE86o-Q

#3113 Quote
              Steve Muench

Is there a way to do this with the zoom plug-in on the club website, or does this require a manual step by the person scheduling the zoom meeting to, for example, manually copy the meeting ID and password and post it to the calendar and/or elsewhere?

I’d prefer that we figure out a way to do this automatically. However, I’m against posting the password in a public area of our club.

Bill and I need to investigate an alternative that Nancy has suggested. The Marin club uses the same ID and password every month. I need to analyze the technicalities and settings, review the pros and cons especially where security is concerned. However, this could result in not needing to schedule zoom meetings using the zoom plug-in.

There is also a chance that by doing this, our  late join and rejoin problem might disappear.

#3115 Quote
                NancyGoodenough
                Participant

The Marin club uses the same ID and password every month. I need to analyze the technicalities and settings, review the pros and cons especially where security is concerned. However, this could result in not needing to schedule zoom meetings using the zoom plug-in.

On Steve Muench said

Is there a way to do this with the zoom plug-in on the club website, or does this require a manual step by the person scheduling the zoom meeting to, for example, manually copy the meeting ID and password and post it to the calendar and/or elsewhere?

I’d prefer that we figure out a way to do this automatically. However, I’m against posting the password in a public area of our club.

Bill and I need to investigate an alternative that Nancy has suggested. The Marin club uses the same ID and password every month. I need to analyze the technicalities and settings, review the pros and cons especially where security is concerned. However, this could result in not needing to schedule zoom meetings using the zoom plug-in.

There is also a chance that by doing this, our  late join and rejoin problem might disappear.

Know that the Marin password for the year is sent out to members and mentioned in announcements and reminders of meetings. Not sure how guests get it though, unless sent the meeting id/password. Not sure how that would work for Meetup members coming to the Zoom meetings. Perhaps put the link on SRPS Meetup meeting announcements.

I don’t see an issue showing the long individual password publicly as it is only for the one meeting.

In the meantime, try publishing the meeting ID/passcode as well as link.

#3118 Quote
                  Steve Ruddy
                  Keymaster
                    On Steve Muench said

It is under the “About” menu on the club website:

https://youtube.com/channel/UCDWatLNBxwveGcHNhE86o-Q

What do you all think about me adding a sub menu link called zoom recordings or something to that effect? It can link to our youtube or I can add a new direct link after each zoom meeting?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Steve Ruddy.
                    #3120 Quote
                    Steve Ruddy
                    Keymaster
                      On Steve Muench said

I can make a password protected private page that would contain the zoom info and password.

I assume the reason we aren’t doing this via email like we used to is because of security concerns. IMO having a set password has a bit of security issue as well. However I was never really concerned about being hacked and was fine with taking a chance over the inconvenience of members not being able to join.

#3123 Quote
                      NancyGoodenough
                      Participant

At the beginning, I was worried about the security of Zoom, as they had security issues then. Now I don’t see a problem with the same passcode and meeting id, or even a less complicated one. We have the waiting room. I’d check with JenniferM though, as it would mean more work for her checking new people arriving. Nancy

#3126 Quote
                        Steve Muench

I think a sub menu link more generically called “view meeting video“ would be better.

Also, how about I create a hierarchical tree of all of the menus and submenus? By being able to view the entire structure, and as we have been making changes piecemeal, we can make suggestions for how to perhaps tighten it up and make it more consistent. Much has changed in the way the club operates since the original structure came into being.

Thoughts?

#3230 Quote
                          Steve Muench

Update:

At the last minute, I had to delete and re-schedule today’s Zoom Test using the club website’s Zoom scheduling plug-in because the problems only started after we started using the plug-in and I’d scheduled it only using our Zoom account.

Anyway, we had enough testers and the join/re-join problem didn’t happen, though our problems don’t happen until much later in a meeting. Zoom will be monitoring next week’s competition, and if it’s still a problem, we are going to try re-scheduling the next competition meeting with different options (similar to what Marin uses) that hopefully will work with the plug-in.

-Steve

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.